Ok, I know that a lot of books have been turned into movies because the availability of original plot lines is practically non – existent but can we please just STOP IT with the book covers saying “Now a Major Motion Picture!” with the actors on the cover? I DO NOT WANT THAT BOOK. I want the original cover, and no mention of it being a movie. Is that really so much to ask? Just stop. Please. I’m tired of seeing LOTR books with Elijah Wood on them. If I want to buy a book, I’m buying THE BOOK, not the movie. If I want to do that, I shall do that later, on my own time. I realize this is probably completely irrelevant to everyone else on the planet, but this is just a small thing that really annoys me and therefore it must go away. The End.
This is just wrong.
AH HA! I AM NOT the only person that this bothers, look at this post and just be sad for the covers that will never be the same again….. 15 Book Covers That Make Us Sad
Amen to that fellow book lovers!
An Award?! For ME?!
I’m excited to say that I was nominated for the Liebstar award by Diana from thedianadiaries! Here are the rules:
- You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
- You must answer all 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
- You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
The Questions I Have Been Asked to Answer:
- What are three words you would use to describe yourself? Awkward, Dreamer, Unlucky
- Would you rather be a mermaid or a unicorn? Unicorn! Because we all know that Unicorn’s have awesome super powers of sustaining life and their blood is silver and GLITTER!
- What was your favorite movie/book as a kid? Well as a self-proclaimed nerd, I don’t know that I could really pick a favorite childhood book. I was a huge Beverly Cleary fan, loved me some Boxcar Kids, as a small tyke I really liked those “Carl” books. I’m not actually sure what they were REALLY called, but they were these gorgeous illustrations about this Black Lab named Carl, and there weren’t any words except like on the last page there would be maybe a short sentence or something. I can picture the Christmas one so clearly in my head…. I just always called them “Carl” books so I’m not sure what they really are called.
- If you could learn a new language, which one would it be? Ummmm, any language that SOUNDS really cool? That’s a pretty bad answer, but like I would like to learn a language that I could speak and sound really smart or cultured? This makes me appear to be a terrible person.
- Sun or Rain? Rain. All the more reason to stay inside and cuddle up with a book and some tea!
- What is your zodiac sign? And do you really believe in horoscopes? I am a Pisces and I super do NOT believe in horoscopes because everything I’ve ever read about Pisces is always “You are so creative and great at art and expressive and SO GOOD AT ART.” And anyone who has seen my “art” can attest that I’m not even a little bit good at art. So no.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Definitely a morning person, waking up late feels like I’ve wasted my day.
- What do you enjoy the most, watching movies or reading books? I feel pretty confident that if you even know me a little bit or even not at all you know that the answer is clearly, undoubtedly reading books.
- What are three things in your life that you can’t live without? My planner, my dog, and caffeine.
- Would you rather be alone or with someone who you don’t really love? Alone, but then again I AM a loner…. Possibly a future recluse
- What is/are, according to you, the most annoying personality traits? I guess the most annoying personality trait to me is narcissism? Which by that I mean those people who feel the need to make every single conversation/situation/problem about themselves, like if I were to say “Hey I’ve developed an addiction to heroin!*” this person would be, “Well that is really hard on me because of this completely unrelated situation that I will now talk about for 10 hours and I will not acknowledge anything you said ever again.” Also co-morbid with being a “one-upper.” (which also drives me crazy). *Disclaimer – I’m not addicted to heroin.
OK! So I realize that I mainly talked about books in those answers… so I’m officially an awesome loser (sorry not sorry) but now I have to think of questions and this is stressful! Oh No! BUT FIRST! I shall nominate:
Rantings from Inside My Head
I’ll try and think of more later, my brain is broken. BUT HERE ARE MY THRILLING QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED BY THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO ACCEPT 😛
- What was the last picture you took on your phone? Was it a selfie? (I may be judging you….)
- Any current “bad habits” or habits that took forever to get rid of ? i.e. nail biting?
- What actor/actress would be the best “you” in the biographical movie of your life?
- If you had to pick a television show to be your life, what would it be?
- What was the last movie you saw? Was it worth it? (Review unnecessary, but appreciated)
- Have you ever been a participant in a food fight?
- Is there a particular word that literally makes you want to die when you hear it? (ex. moist UGH EW)
- What has been your favorite class out of all the classes you have ever been in?
- Have you ever met anyone famous??
- What is the corniest joke you know?
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
Off you go! Now I can’t stop thinking of really weird questions….. I’m enjoying that part WAY more than I had anticipated….
Ok fine, fine, someone say “I told you so.” We all knew I would kinda, sort of, a little bit, give up, slash forget about the fact that I was writing (well attempting to write) this blog thingy. But as is quite clear from the absolutely non-contradictory title of this “post””, I may have slacked off a bit but my reasons are completely valid.
- There are a LOT of things that just HAVE to be watched on Netflix, and I can’t just let Netflix down can I?
- My brain is most likely broken and therefore not only have I lot the ability to write, but I also have been just flat out forgetting words/how to speak English. So brokn brain = check.
- In a fight between writing things and lying in my bed, my bed wins every time.
As you can see, these are all really excellent reasons as to why I have disappeared into the shadows of my lair. But today I had this random urge to just write something! Weird. And then I came up with a few ideas but of course did I follow through with any of those. No. My bad. So instead, here are pictures of things that have happened since I last wrote anything here. (You may notice that the majority of the things have to do with otters…..#storyofmylife)
Cheers to my Alpha Chi Sisters at Mrs. Magner’s Wedding!!
They are not my actual children. Although it does look shockingly a lot like they could be……
otter bff #1 in Portland
super excited about otter bff #2
Haystack Rock in Oregon
oh and then I went to LA
best art ever 😀