I’ve always said this blog has no theme, which is very clearly true if you look at anything I’ve ever written on here. However, a theme in my life for the past several years (with particular emphasis on the last year and a half) has been getting healthy. And I need some advice so this is what is happening today.
I was always an active child, I played sports, did outdoorsy things whatever. In college I did my best to keep it up and went to the gym as often as I could and participated in intramurals. So that was ok for a while, but I found that without some form of outside structure (like being a part of a team) I constantly was having to FORCE myself to get off my couch. Being active wasn’t fun anymore. And so my senior year of college I just stopped going to the gym because I told myself it was too hard. That combined with my complete inability to cook lead to a lot of take-out and a lot of lazy. I thought that was ok, but I wasn’t happy. I can’t look at my graduation pictures without cringing because I just was so unhealthy and unhappy.
(please ignore the poor image qaulity and the fact that the black dress is way way too short!!! boo)
So I’ve been trying to change that! FINALLY last October I joined a gym, got a personal trainer, and decided to get serious about being healthy. As much as I would love to eat ice cream all day everyday, that probably isn’t the smartest decision. Since then it’s been really hard, I will not sugarcoat that at all. When I first get back to the gym I’m all motivated and excited and it feels great, but I have now reached the 6 month mark and I’m #overit again. I’ve tried taking new classes, joining a rec soccer team, going on walks in interesting places, but I’ve lost my motivation again. Even on the most beautiful day sometimes I’ll just sit inside instead of going for a quick walk, even though I know for a fact that I always feel better after exercise and eating well. I know that losing motivation to get healthy is fairly common, and I’m wondering if anyone has any out of the box suggestions to get me going again???!?!!? What can I do to make the “healthy lifestyle” more exciting so that I start doing all those good things again? Thoughts? Criticisms? Motivational Speeches? A VISIT FROM BOB HARPER AND JILLIAN MICHAELS AND DOLVETT QUINCE PERHAPS? (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease) haha
Hope y’all are enjoying some beautiful weather!
So it appears that I seem to be stuck in a rut.
See that, I’m in that car.
And a pretty large one at that…..And it is in every part of my life! I clearly have not updated this in 1000 million years. My health and fitness “progress?” seems to have stalled if not backslid a bit. Job prospects, not looking good. Especially after my last interview! THAT was awful. I don’t really know what it is exactly that I WANT to do. And so, for some reason, I can’t find the motivation to do something to change all that.
The thing is, I know what I need to do to get out of some of these ruts. But I can’t for some reason. But in other cases, I don’t know what I’m supposed to do! And I’m wedged in pretty tight, so what would you do to get out of a complete “life rut” for lack of an actual term? Or what can I do to get myself motivated?! I would appreciate any suggestions. Cause in addition to the whole stuck in a hole thing it does appear that I have lost roughly 1/3 of any intelligence I may have had at some point. I am definitely getting dumber…. rough times people.
WELP lets not make this ALL depressing and about my sad sad existence. haha Today is Veteran’s Day (which people should really remember everyday) so a huge ‘Thank You’ to all those who have served, are serving, and will serve.
Hello Brother. This is what you look like from the back.
And here are some fun facts/discoveries/random things that I have acquired recently.
- Did you know that only 2% of the ENTIRE WORLDS POPULATION is naturally a redhead? I just find that randomly interesting.
- Trader Joe’s sells GREETING CARDS????? And they are awesome! and I may have gotten like 9 of them….I’m stocking up on cards these days. I like having them on hand because I LOVE sending people mail sooo now its easier because I have so many cards to choose from right from my room!
- Oh my god, over the weekend I completely made over my bookcase. Because of every single book sale in a 50 mile radius I have come to possess more books than I could ever imagine. This has made for a very large problem with storage. So until this weekend, I just had bags and bags of books piling up in front of the bookcase and it was disastrous. But I took charge and put all my books on the floor (except my Top Shelf books obviously, I knew those wouldn’t change) and picked the books most worthy of placement on the shelf. And then I alphabetized them as is necessary on my bookcase, and I put the rest of the books under my bed so that I can still see the titles so that I do have easy access. Anyway, it was a really proud moment for the gigantic nerd in me.
- Kangaroos can’t jump backward!
- I have forgotten every single thing that has happened in the past like 10 weeks all of the sudden and I don’t have really anything interesting to say because my life is way boring.
Is my school not SO BEAUTIFUL! I miss that place….
Adios Kiddos! Help me get out of the cement I seem to be stuck in!!!!