In general, I like to pride myself on keeping an assortment of toiletries, extra shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, etc. so that when I inevitably run out, I’ve got a back up on hand. There are of course, times I am unprepared. So one morning, after using the very last of my travel size toothpaste, I was making a list of things I would buy while I was out. I noticed I was out of dental floss, but I didn’t put it on my list. I didn’t even look for it in the store.
I don’t think I have ever bought dental floss ever in my whole life. Not that this has been a conscious choice, but I swear somehow, every single time I think I’m out of dental floss a brand new one appears out of thin air. How does it do this?! I’ve never questioned it because, hey one less thing I have to buy right? And that evening, when magically the dental floss fairy provided a new one in my bathroom drawer that I had only checked maybe 1000 times earlier that day, I had the realization that there must be some sort of magic involved here.
I could not stop thinking about this the rest of the night. And most of the next day. And I’m still thinking about it a week later. Where is all this dental floss coming from? Has anyone ever actually bought dental floss in a store, or am I the only one experiencing this very odd phenomenon? How are they making money off of this? Is this why there aren’t any dental floss ads, because it doesn’t need to be advertised since it magically appears in our homes?! I remain baffled. And I am genuinely curious about how this happens.
So am I crazy? (well obviously but ya know). Have people bought this product in a store? Have you ever received dental floss anywhere other than your annual dental check up “goody bag”??? SO MANY QUESTIONS with seemingly no answers. One day, we may find an answer to the real problems we are facing.
It is Sunday again. How did that happen? Where does the time go?! Which actually that reminds of a paper I wrote on the illusion of time for an English class in college and now I’m probably going to think about that again for like 4 hours……. I’ll try not to get into it here, because you probably don’t care. 😛
Random Thoughts of the Week:
- Why, just WHY, must some websites INSIST on sending you a confirmation email when you unsubscribe from whatever nonsense emails they keep sending you. Like I am literally telling you that your emails as pissing me off, and yet they have the audacity to send me that ONE FINAL EMAIL just to prove that they are better than me?!?!?! I don’t why this bothers me so much, probably no one else even thinks about this, but I’ve decided it is a cruel trick to play to show that really, even though you think you have defeated them, they have won the war. Jerks
- Just please take a moment to look at these tiny baby goats and then cry because I want one so badly
TINY BABY GOATS!
- It is a little bit absurd what people will complain about. Like ok, yes I just complained about the email thing, but like that isn’t something I would go out of my way to email someone about or call and complain, because I have the common sense to realize that in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn’t matter. But I’ve talked to several people recently who work in customer service, and being a customer service vet myself, and it is actually laughable what people will call and complain about! And what they expect you to do to make them happy! “Wow, I’m so sorry ma’am that you had to wait in line for 10 minutes, that must have been really tough, but if that was literally the worst part of your day, I’d say you are doing pretty well.” I recently was talking with the box office manager of a big local theater and she said that over the winter, someone called for a refund for their ticket to an event, that raises money for childhood cancer research, because it was snowing and it wasn’t his fault “the **explative** kids had cancer.” Seriously? Really? That is appalling. — > Sorry, that got way more intense and serious than I had planned… awk.
- Drunk people will give you all of their money if you ask and smile nicely. And then they will forget they gave you any money and give you more. Excellent. So if anyone needs to do some fundraising, go someplace where the people are pretty drunk. Haha
And those are all the thoughts in my head. Probably. Or at least the only ones I can remember…. Sad times, when you are so old you don’t even remember your own thoughts. Even though the mall police still card me because I look younger than 18…..My life is just really rough
I don’t even know how to explain what just happened with that title. Someone take away my internet privileges.
SOOOOOO GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?! This isn’t a real post. Sorry. It’s just a collection of random things that I feel like writing down. Hooray!
1. I think that someone is actually going to have to tie my hands anytime I go into a bookstore now because after last weekends LIBRARY BOOK SALE (A DOLLAR FOR A WHOLE BAG!!!!!!!!!!) I can NOT buy any more books. My “to read” pile of books I’ve bought just over the last 6 months is now well over 60 books. And those are just the ones I’ve bought. But I can’t stop myself! So someone slap me if you see me trying to buy a book. sad face.
2. I decided that it is NOT appropriate to ask your parents and random aunt and uncle you have not seen in a million years whether or not your Grandmother is still alive while at a nice dinner. Fortunately I did not actually ask, although several times they were talking about her for some reason and I REALLY wanted to know! Like is she dead? I haven’t been getting birthday checks for years, I just want answers. In other news, apparently I have relatives?
3. The bank is stupid. And probably scamming me. They charged me $55 to reorder checks! Like the boring ones with nothing on them. What??!?!? Fairly upset about that.
4. What type of shoes do I wear with my maxi skirts now that it is fall? Because I was trying one on the other day and I tried several pairs of flats but it just looked really awkward. So what is the protocol on that one?
SO HAPPY ITS FALL!!!! I love apple picking! I may have already been twice and possibly (definitely) want to go more times!! Fall = happiness
5. (because I always have to have 5! yep, that’s still a thing) Would it be embarrassing if I wore knee pads to babysitting? Because this one child will NOT let me stand up and only always me to crawl on the hardwood floor on my knees. And it really hurts guys. Ok, yeah, he’s three and he is dictating my life but that’s because I’m a people pleaser! I can’t say no! So basically just. ow. My knees CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE.
Well that’s all. Have a WONDERFUL weekend full of rainbows and unicorns! Or whatever else makes you happy. I don’t care. 🙂